Thursday, April 12, 2007

Yeah, but...


This afternoon, I was looking after my friend's little girl, who is about to turn four. She is, unlike my two youngest daughters, the quiet type... You know, the one who always behaves, who is gentle and sweet and just makes you melt every time you so much as LOOK at her...

And then there's my two. They are delightful and lovable in every single way imaginable (I won't go gushing on here, just need to make enough of a statement to qualify as a disclaimer)... but let's just say that at ONE point this afternoon, their behavior was LESS than perfect. It was at craft time, to be specific. All three little girls were seated around my enormous kitchen table, wielding glue and scissors and markers, and cutting-and-pasting as though their lives depended upon it. Things got a little RAUCOUS, shall we say, when Child Number Two, who is six, began "showing off" for the company. When I politely suggested that she pipe down, she all but flipped me The Bird.

Mother: (appalled) THAT'S not appropriate behavior, especially not in front of company! I CERTAINLY don't think that your little friend would talk to HER mother that way!!

Child Number Three: (after a moment of thought... and she's TWO AND A HALF...) Well, HER mummy NICE...

Help me, I'm drowning, here...

No comments:

 
Web Analytics