Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Kiss me, I'm FIFTY??!!


This afternoon, the two youngest girls were engaged in a raging fight in the back seat of the mini van (a.k.a. "The Loser Cruiser"). Child Number Three (age 2) was bawling out her older sister (age 6) for some sort of deviant behavior... I don't remember exactly WHAT Child Number Two had done... I was concentrating on not going off the road at the time. This exchange made me sit up and take notice, however:

Child Number Three: STOP IT!!!

Child Number Two: Whatcha gonna do?! YOU'RE not my mum!!

Child Number Three: Am SO a mum!!

Child Number Two: ARE NOT!! You're not FIFTY, so you're NOT a mum!!!

Crap.

Time to get rid of my Dianne Keaton-esque "granny glasses"... among other things...

"I'm thirty-seven, I'm not old!"
--Dennis, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

1 comment:

Reverend Shawn said...

A 103 year old man once told me - "age ain't nothin' but a number ..."

Believe it.
Live it.
And know you are only as old as you feel!!! (how old your kids make you feel NOT withstanding!!??)

 
Web Analytics