Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Overheard at lunchtime...

My two youngest children, ages six and two-and-a-half, were sitting at the table today, supposedly eating their lunch. Beside each of their bowls of soup, I had arranged beautiful, green slices of fresh kiwi on their plates, in an attempt to get them to ingest a few vitamins...


Child Number Three: What dis?

Child Number Two: That's kiwi. It's delicious!! It's like CANDY.

Child Number Three: I no like it. I yeeeuuuuccccchhhhh... YOU eat it?

Child Number Two: Yeah, okay, I eat yours, too.

Child Number Three: Okay!! YOU eat it! You eat it ALL UP!! NO TELL MUM, 'kay?

I prefer to think that they were trying to spare my feelings, rather than deliberately pulling a fast one behind my back like a couple of expert con-artists...

1 comment:

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

They sure can be sneaky ;)

 
Web Analytics