- An entire, sunny Saturday with NO commitments... nowhere to be, no-one to see!
- An unhurried visit to my favourite nursery, and a long conversation with Bill about More New Trees for the garden.
- The weather temperatures so spectacularly perfect, that I could leave every window open and let the cool breeze freshen the house.
- Newly-laundered sheets on all of our beds.
- An afternoon of digging and trans-planting... and sawing the very last of the overgrown Purple Sand Cherry trees into submission!
- A glass of cold lemonade on the patio with my husband, surveying the beautiful results of the afternoon's work, and our children playing happily around us.
- The distant sound of a lawn-mower, and the hiss of the sprinklers.
- Watching the girls hand-feed our resident chipmunks, and hearing their peals of giggling echo in the evening air.
- Releasing a bag of tiny red ladybirds among the flowers once the sun has started to set.
- A good book, a hot bath, and a white terrycloth robe.
- A fire in the firepit outside once the children are all in bed.
- Lights out by ten o'clock... and a good night's rest.
(Okay, maybe that last one is wishful thinking, but I can dream, right??!!)