Monday, December 31, 2007

WOULD a rose by any other name smell as sweet???

This morning, we were all sitting around the kitchen table, enjoying a leisurely breakfast. I amused the girlies by reading a part of the newspaper out loud. There was a lengthy article about "celebrity babies", and some of the more ridiculous names that parents had bestowed upon their poor, wee infants. Many of them, we felt, would be hard-pressed to live down their unusual monikers, and would no doubt risk being pummelled on the playground (were it not for their own personal security details, that is...)


Among the list that made us giggle hysterically, and shake our heads, were:

Camera (daughter of tennis superstar Arthur Ashe)

Duncan Zowie Heywood Jones (son of David Bowie)

Fifi Trixibelle, Peaches Honeyblossom,
and Little Pixie
(daughters of Bob Geldolf)

Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily (daughter of Paula Yates)

Dusti Raine and Keelee Breeze
(daughters of Robert Van Winkle, aka "Vanilla Ice")

... to name just a few of the more ridiculous choices.

But the ones that got the BIGGEST laugh from my three girls, were, of course:

Dweezil, Ahmet Emuukha Rodan, Diva Muffin,
and Moon Unit
(children of the infamous Frank Zappa)

Mother: (wiping away tears, from laughing so hard) Oh, my Lord... WHAT were they thinking... Those poor kids. I just can't imagine anything WORSE than being forever known as "Moon Zappa".

Child Number Two: (suddenly quite serious) Oh, I can think of something worse...

Child Number One: (curiously) What?

Child Number Two: (mischievously) BUG Zappa.

Needless to say, she brought the house down...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? Moon Unit is taken??

We are going to have to think of a new name for Bird. And fast.

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

That is hilarious!
That got a giggle at this end too :)

Have you started brewing the yummy drinks yet?

ewe are here said...

Bug Zappa?

Very clever. I must put it on my list of 'possibles'. hee hee


Happy New Year!

painted maypole said...

ha ha ha

we're trying to name our new cat, so thanks for giving us some new names to ponder. ;)

Leeann said...

Wow. That is something sad.
While a friend was in labor, I asked the nurse what the strangest baby name was...that she had ever come across.

Crystal Shanda Lear

Not in the same league as the star baby names...but still...

Unknown said...

Bug Zappa. My kids are looking at me like I'm crazy because I am howling with laughter.

Thanks for the laugh!

merinz said...

Hehe, an amazing variety of names, the poor owners.

I had an unusual surname (Drinkwater)which caused no end of teasing at school until I grew hardened to it. When I married and lost it, I was actually quite sad.

shauna said...

That one's definitely yours. She's got your wit. :) Thanks for the laught.

 
Web Analytics