Sunday, December 23, 2007

Join me?


Tomorrow is my favourite day of the entire year... Christmas Eve.

And no, it isn't the wonderful anticipation of Christmas Day, and all the good things to come, that makes December 24th the highlight of every season...

Each year, on December 24th, my family and I have always gathered 'round the radio (and now, the computer speakers!) to listen to the live broadcast of the ultimate celebration of the Christmas Season: The Service of Nine Lessons and Carols from King's College Chapel, in my father's "home-town" of Cambridge, England.

We have faithfully listened to every, single King's Carol Service that has been performed, for as long as I can remember. And before that, my father's family in Cambridge would engage in a fight-to-the-(near)-death over the two tickets to the Service that my grandfather was granted each year. I have never actually been fortunate enough to attend in person, but one of my fondest wishes is to do so, at least once in my lifetime. But, until that day arrives, I will be more than happy to tune in to National Public Radio's yearly live broadcast, at 10am (Eastern Standard Time).

In my heart, I will be "there" tomorrow morning. And, if you have enjoyed the musical advent calendar I have been posting for you every day this month, and would like to "join" me, listening to the beautiful words and music of Christmas, here is the link to NPR's website. All you have to do is adjust your time accordingly to coincide with 10am EST, and click on the link, to receive the FM stream. So many of the carols that I have chosen to share with you are ones that I first heard when they were included in the King's College Service. It is a magical hour-- one of great rejoicing, and of quiet reflection. And it puts me in the perfect frame of mind to "make" Christmas for my family.


I hope to "see" you all there-- I'll be thinking of you.

Wishing you all the very happiest of Christmases...

Love and blessings to you and your families,


Candygirlflies xo


3 comments:

merinz said...

Thank you for the invitation. I will see if I can work out the time differences and tune in.

merinz said...

Hmm have just worked out the time difference, will be 4am Wednesday morning for us, not such a good time.

painted maypole said...

We have a King's College Christmas CD - one of our favorites.

 
Web Analytics