Saturday, July 7, 2007

I want THIS t-shirt for my Blog Sisters...


Blogging has been an extraordinary experience for me.

I have been writing for many, many years, but in all of those years, I have never felt the kind of personal satisfaction that I have received from publishing this blog. I have been astounded by the number of people who are willing and eager to read the sordid accounts of What Goes On In My Head. I have connected with old friends, and have made many, many new ones.

Over the past several weeks, I have been witnessing, and in my own small way, have been privileged to participate in a full-blown example of the Incredibly Positive Power that blogging can have.

I came upon the two sites, Toddler Planet and The Merits of the Case, in a round-about way... just by checking out links on other people's blogs, really. When I discovered that these two outstanding women were both in the very early stages of battling breast cancer, my heart went out to them. I sent them each messages, but found that I couldn't stop thinking about them as days went by.

Clearly, I was not alone.

I have been astounded to witness the outpouring of love and support that my fellow bloggers are showing for both Whymommy and Kim. These courageous and gracious women are writing about their cancer experiences, sharing intimate details of their lives, and raising our awareness of the disease to a whole new level. We as a group cannot do enough to encourage and thank them.

To my new "sisters", Whymommy and Kim:

You are amazing. You can do this. We are all right here, behind you, every single step of the way. It is incredible to think that thanks to computer technology and its far-reaching effects, somewhere in this world, someone will be thinking of you and sending you positive energy EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF EVERY SINGLE DAY! To say that I am proud to be on your "teams" is a wild understatement. I am privileged to help you in any small way I can.

And when you beat your cancer and this is all behind you, I WANT PICTURES OF BOTH OF YOU... wearing these FANTASTIC t-shirts. And oh, how we'll ALL celebrate...

But right now, we celebrate your Courage, and your Strength.

And we celebrate the Power of the Blog, for bringing us all together in the first place.

2 comments:

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

And that deserves an "Amen."

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Thanks for making me aware of this! I have added a button for them on my blog.
VERY well said!

 
Web Analytics