Sunday, December 1, 2013

December 2


"You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"
performed by The Tennessee Tech Trombone Choir

It's Monday.

Which means that we take a look at the "lighter side" of Christmas music, to help us along with the idea of stomaching the week ahead.

I always loved this movie when I was a kid...  but not for the reason you might think.

Oh, yes, it's WONDERFUL that he eventually found the true meaning of Christmas, and that his heart grew to the point of practically bursting out of his chest.  He even footed the bill for all the celebrations.  Whoopee.

I like the "Before" from this before-and-after story.  I like the Bad Guy.

Every year, I plopped my tiny bott down on the old red chesterfield in front of the tv.  And I simply couldn't WAIT for the part when the Grinch came up with his idea... his awful idea... his wonderful, awful idea.

I loved that smile, and all its curlicues.  I love it still.

So here's my Grinch in all his glory, performed on the only instruments truly perfect enough to honour the occasion:

An entire CHOIR of brass trombones.

You're welcome.



No comments:

 
Web Analytics