Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The view from here...

Gratuitous photo of some of the spectacularly gorgeous Noro scarves that I've been knitting obsessively. Yes, I'm bragging. But knitting with this yarn is so satisfyingly addictive, who cares???!

The lovely and talented Sarah, from "Slouching Past Forty" has challenged us to a meme... And to give you a little break from all the Christmas music, I though I'd give it a try. The fact that I'm stuck at home with small children while copious amounts of snow and sleet dump down outside has NOTHING to do with this.

Ha ha.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you The Goddess' Desk:


Cleaned up version, of course. Trust me when I tell you that it will NOT look like this for long.

This is where I do most of my blogging, from a little alcove tucked in a corner of my kitchen. It's what we call the "command centre". I love the fact that I can pull down the roll-top, and hide my usually disastrous desk-top from view. However, almost all of my music collection has been stored on this computer, which means that the mess is usually fully exposed so that I can use the speakers and sub-woofer. Someday I'll get organized and hook the works into our stereo system...

The second part of the meme is to take a photo of the view from the place that I blog... All the things I can see from my chair. Since the desk is actually a part of the cabinetry, I will swivel my chair around for you:

GAAAAAAA.


Where's Mr Clean when you need him???

Right.

I confess. The command centre is not the only place where I blog... We shall now endeavor to block the mess out of our minds for a moment (after three children, I have nearly perfected this avoidance technique, for reasons of sanity-preservation). We will now go in search of my laptop:

Aaaaahh. Much better.

The view from here?


Let it snow.

3 comments:

painted maypole said...

those scarves are FANTASTIC!!

and your house is lovely, as is the original artwork.

ewe are here said...

I agree with PM, love the scarves.

And while I like your command center, and your little artist's workshop, I, too, am a comfy couch blogger. :-)

merinz said...

Hi - the scarves are great - love the colours. And your house is a 'child growing' workplace!

(am back again from the wilds of the Chatham Islands - post coming later when I have sorted my head out!)

 
Web Analytics